I am thrilled to share this gorgeous nursery with you today. It belongs to sweet baby Huxley…
He just turned one month old and to celebrate wants to share his special room with you… courtesy of his mom and dad, our friends, Adam and Shauna. So, without further ado…
FANTASTIC, right?! Let’s take a closer look…
Shauna made that no sew bunting herself with fun fabric and brown felt.
She also handmade the paper airplane mobile.
Obviously, a signature spot in the room is the chair with a pillow with Huxley’s initials.
Shauna already had this Ikea chair and was hoping to find a rocker, but has not found one yet – so it’s a place holder. But it fits in really nicely! The pillow was an incredible find at Goodwill! (Can you believe it?!) Shauna glued on the monogram. Adam and Shauna painted the table their chosen accent color for the room, a bright yellow/orange. It’s similar to the accent color in our nursery, so obviously, I LOVE IT.
Shauna added just the right amount of “pops” of this color. It’s not overwhelming, but there’s enough that you pick up on the theme. I love how the color flanks the changing table area…
Can we talk about the dresser?! It’s a simple Ikea dresser that Adam and Shauna dressed up with simple thumbtacks to tie in the chevron theme…
Brilliant, no? I love that concept.
Speaking of chevron, let’s take another look at that signature wall.
That’s where the room got me. It got me at chevron. I just love it. (Shauna shares the tutorial that helped her pull it off below…)
The art hanging there is all from Eric Carle…
It’s throughout the nursery and really brings the eclectic theme together. They took that concept to the next level by adding some animal accents throughout the nursery, bringing those prints to life.
Can you all agree with me? This room is nothing short of AMAZING, right?
Huxley, how much do you love your room?
“I love it THIS MUCH!”
Love this space as much as I do? Want to replicate the whole darn thing? Or maybe parts of it? Well, you’re in luck… Shauna put together this exhaustive list of everything in the nursery, including paint colors. As you’ll see, it’s all very thrifty and affordable… making something great EVEN BETTER!
- Blue wall paint: Behr Ultra Interior Satin Enamel in Sea Rover (Color #540C-3)
- White wall paint: Behr Ultra Interior Satin Enamel in Camembert (Color #W-D-210)
- Orange paint: Behr Ultra Interior Satin Enamel in Orange Peel (Color #S-G-290)
- Chevron wall: Template from House 36 blog
- Crib: Hensvik Crib, Ikea
- Bookshelf: Expedit Shelving Unit in White with 4 Pjas Baskets, all from Ikea
- Changing table: Malm 3 Drawer Chest in White, Ikea – modified using thumb tacks
- Chair: Tullsta Chair in Ransta Natural, Ikea
- Orange side table: Bought it at Marshalls in 2010, painted it orange
- Rug: Zigzag Rug in Ivory/Espresso/Flax, West Elm
- Crib sheet: Missoni for Target (no longer available)
- Cross stitch crib pillow: Made by Shauna’s mom for Shauna’s nursery
- Elephant stuffed animal: Goodwill
- Paper airplane mobile: Handmade
- Wall art: Eric Carle Decorative Prints
- Chair pillow: Goodwill (glued on felt-letter monogram)
- Spherical side table lamp: T.J. Maxx
- Rocking horse: Bought unfinished at Michaels
- Pendant name banner: Handmade
- Dinosaur stuffed animals: Anthropologie (No longer available)
- Lion stuffed animal: Cordy Roy Lion by Jelly Cat
- Pooh stuffed animal: Classic Pooh Winnie the Pooh Plush by Kids Preferred
- Lamb, sock monkey, kangaroo stuffed animals: Goodwill
- Wood numbers train: Ross
- Very Hungry Caterpillar toy: Very Hungry Catepillar Wood Pull Toy by Kids Preferred
- Hamper: Rattan Elephant Hamper in Honey (Home Decorators Collection)
- Changing table cover: Carters Super Soft Dot Changing Pad Cover in Chocolate
- Changing table lamp: Bought it at Target in 2008 (No longer available), painted it orange
- Changing table lampshade: Goodwill
- Mirror above changing table: Bought it at Target in 2010 (No longer available), painted it orange